Customer Service Representative
Glaukos is an ophthalmic medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of breakthrough products and procedures designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world's leading causes of blindness. We have pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. We launched the iStent, our first MIGS device, in the United States in July 2012 and we are leveraging our platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression. We believe the iStent is the smallest medical device ever approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, measuring 1.0 mm long and 0.33 mm wide.
The Customer Service Representative, based in San Clemente, California, will be responsible for providing excellent customer service works closely with medical professionals and sales representatives handling all customer service-related activities.
• Deal directly with customers either by telephone or electronically
• Respond promptly to customer inquiries
• Handle and resolve customer complaints
• Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
• Provide pricing and delivery information
• Perform customer verifications
• Set up new customer accounts
• Process orders, forms, applications and requests
• Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
• Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
• Manage customers' accounts
• Confirm pricing structure
• Maintain customer databases
• Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
• Other duties as assigned.
· At least three years’ work experience with one year preferred in customer service.
· Strong computer skills with experience using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and basic use of a fully integrated manufacturing/inventory/ finance system
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication skills - verbal and written
· Listening skills
· Problem analysis and problem-solving
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Data collection and ordering
· Adaptability and initiative
· Knowledge of ophthalmology, a plus
High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We offer competitive salary (based on experience), bonus eligibility, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) Employer Match, 3 weeks paid time off, 13 company paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Program and 2 additional paid days off to volunteer in our community, plus the opportunity to work for a company that is pioneering a new glaucoma treatment class. Check out our profile on The Muse to get an inside look at our company culture: https://www.themuse.com/companies/glaukoscorporation
Glaukos has been recognized by the Orange County Business Journal as one of the best companies to work for in in Orange County, check out page 8 at http://www.cbjonline.com/a1ocbj/lists/List-2017-OC_Best-Places-to-Work.pdf
Glaukos Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.