Market Access Manager -- Central Europe
Glaukos Corporation is an ophthalmic medical technology and pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel surgical devices and sustained pharmaceutical therapies designed to transform the treatment of glaucoma, one of the world’s leading causes of blindness.
The company pioneered Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, or MIGS, in order to revolutionize the traditional glaucoma treatment and management paradigm. Glaukos launched the iStent®, its first MIGS device, in the United States in 2012 and is leveraging its platform technology to build a comprehensive and proprietary portfolio of micro-scale injectable therapies designed to address the complete range of glaucoma disease states and progression.
The company’s second-generation MIGS device, the iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration, or FDA in June 2018. The company believes the iStent inject,® measuring 0.23 mm wide and 0.36 mm long, is the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA.
In June 2015, Glaukos completed an initial public offering and our shares are now traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GKOS”. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in San Clemente, California.
- Develop and oversee all market entry strategies for Glaukos portfolio products in Germany/Austria/Switzerland including the development of payment pathways with national, regional, and/or local payers.
- Responsible for local evidence development and modeling in conjunction with health economics and clinical team to support reimbursement applications and future Health Technology Assessments.
- Responsible for KV and all payer engagements
- Negotiation with payers to get rid of single patient applications in areas where the forms are still needed.
- Develop strategies to improve reimbursement situation in combined procedures
- Leverage successful strategies, implementation in other areas
- Ongoing contact to stakeholders
- Support reimbursement application process
Develop and implement a focused local market access plan for Germany and Central Europe
Provide informational programs and collateral support materials to Glaukos customers to optimize product reimbursement.
10+ yrs. of medical device marketing, market access and/or management experience is required preferably within ophthalmic surgical or pharmaceutical areas. Candidate must have had prior global market access experience and has a demonstrating track record of obtaining medical device reimbursement around the world and has successfully managed health technology assessments. Candidate should also have experience in a business development, strategy, and/or corporate development role within a medical device or pharmaceutical company. Experience managing people within marketing, market access, and/or business development function with a global scope and a track record for success. International experience is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: